Fixing email issues in AccountRight v19 or AccountEdge
Here are the main things which can cause email issues:
Make sure you're using an email program which is compatible with your MYOB software.
Using more than one email program? You need to specify which one you want to use as the default email program and email address. See this support note for instructions.
Using a 64-bit version of Outlook? Only the 32-bit version is compatible with MYOB software - but see this post on the Microsoft Community Forum about changing to the 32-bit Outlook version. Be aware that MYOB can't help with installing/uninstalling Microsoft products.
*Office applications must be installed on the same computer as your MYOB software. Office 365 web delivery apps are not compatible.
You need to specify which one you want to use as the default email program and email address. See this support note for instructions.
Click your error to view the solution:
This error occurs if a required Windows file is missing from your computer, which can occur when software is removed or upgraded. We've provided a tool below which replaces the missing file.
Complete the following steps on the computer which is sending your emails:
- Click the following link (if prompted, choose to save the file to your Desktop): MAPI Fixit Tool.
Depending on your web browser and its settings, clicking this link may automatically open the ZIP file as shown in the following step.
- If the ZIP file doesn't automaticallly open, double-click the downloaded ZIP file to open it. You'll see it contains a single file called CheckMAPI.VBS
- Double-click the CheckMAPI.VBS file to open the tool.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to run the tool and fix your issue.
If you need to undo the changes made by this tool, double-click the downloaded CheckMAPI.VBS file to run the tool again. You'll then have the option to restore your original Windows settings.
First, go to myob.com/upgrade and enter your serial number to check if an AccountRight update is available. It's important to keep your AccountRight software up to date to ensure it's running at its best.
If the error is occurring when emailing pay slips, go to Setup > Preferences > Reports & Forms tab and deselect the option Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque Stubs. See if you can now successfully email the pay slip.
If the error persists, put through a "dummy" pay for the employee and enter an hour and amount next to each payroll category. Process the dummy pay, then display the pay transaction via the transaction journal, go to the Edit menu and choose Delete (or Reverse). Now try emailing the pay slip which was causing the error.
If the error persists, or it happens when you're emailing something other than pay slips, it means something is stopping the email being sent from your MYOB software to Outlook. Typically this is related to one of the following:
- Windows permissions
- Outlook security settings
- Third party security software, such as antivirus
- User Access Control (Windows Vista and later)
As these things are outside of your MYOB software and may relate to numerous causes, it's difficult to provide a solution here. You might need the help of an IT person to determine the exact cause and the appropriate fix.
As a possible quick fix, try restarting your computer.
This security warning is controlled by Outlook and your computer's security settings. You can stop this message occurring when you send emails by changing your Outlook security setting. Before doing so, make sure you have up-to-date antivirus software on your computer - and you might also want to talk to an IT person about the implications of changing this setting.
The settings below are the published settings from Microsoft. In some scenarios, changing these settings may not take effect unless other security applications in your system are up to date.
If you're not sure which Outlook version you're using, this Microsoft support article will help you find out.
|If you're using this version of Outlook...||Do this...|
This error can be fixed by changing the properties of your AccountRight v19 shortcut (the icon you click to start AccountRight):
- Close AccountRight.
- Right-click the AccountRight shortcut and choose Properties.
- Take note of the Target as shown in this example:
- Change the Target by adding the following at the start:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER & start
Example: If your Target is C:\Plus19\Myob.exe change it to:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER & start C:\Plus19\Myob.exe"
- Click OK.
See this support note for a solution.
Check the following:
- Make sure there are no special characters (such as * \ - & : etc.) in your email subject or message.
- Make sure your email message doesn't begin with double quotation marks (").
- Open the sample company file (Clearwater) and email something to yourself. If this is succesful, it means AccountEdge's email functionality is fine, so the issue must be related to something in your company file, or the specific email you're trying to send (see above points).
If you're still getting the error, reinstall AccountEdge as described in this support note.
See this support note for a solution.